Thursday, March 31, 2011

POINT BLANK PROTECTOR by Stephanie Newton




Tyler Clark is a DEA agent whose cover was blown. Now he has to see the police psychologist, Gracie VanDoren, and also figure out who he really is and what he wants to do. But he knows for sure he does not need a shrink. Gracie is a sweet and cheerful person and really wants to help Tyler integrate himself back into the 'real' world. He's not too happy about that but when Gracie receives several threats and he sees her fear is real he is compelled to be her protector.

I have thoroughly enjoyed every book in the Emerald Coast 911 Series but I have to say that this is my favorite so far. I liked everything about this story. I read it in a day because I could not put it down. It kept me turning pages as I journeyed with Tyler and Gracie down some pretty tough roads. The underlying theme of 'God being unchangeable even if our circumstances change' was played out very well. I liked that there was a sub-story going on between Matt and Lara (from Smoke Screen). That was fun. Tyler is Matt's brother. The author did a great job developing the characters so that I truly feel like I know these folks in the Sea Breeze community. If you enjoy Dee Henderson, Anne Patrick and Irene Hannon I would recommend not only Point Blank Protector but any of Stephanie Newton's books. Looking forward to the next adventure! A thank you goes to the author for sending a complimentary copy to me for my review.

No comments:

Book I've Been Reading...

Sherry's bookshelf: read

Almost Like Being in Love
Wanted: Royal Princess Miracle Bride: Royal Hearts of Mondoverde Series, Vol. 3
Her Rancher Bodyguard
Traces of Guilt
The Stronghold
Close to You
Protecting Her Daughter
The Goodbye Bride
The Rancher's First Love
Reclaiming His Past
Keeper of the Stars
Cold Shot
Mermaid Moon
Thin Ice
Buried Secrets
Murder at Black Lake
Christmas With Miss Austen
Falling Like Snowflakes
Married 'til Monday
Second Chance Hero


Sherry's favorite books »