Friday, March 25, 2011

A COWBOY'S TOUCH by Denise Hunter




A Cowboy's Touch was simply a delightful tale. I enjoyed every minute of the journey. Abigail Jones was stressed and it was affecting her health. So her mother suggests that she go check on the health of her great aunt who lives in Moose Creek, Montana and at the same time take a much needed rest. There she meets Wade Ryan, a single dad in need of a nanny for the summer. Abigail is taken with Maddy (Wade's daughter) right away and agrees. She also finds herself attracted to Wade. Wade has no intention of getting involved but he sees how Maddy has bloomed since Abigail's been there and how he enjoys her company and sense of humor. Abby is finding her faith again and discovering she's not really wanting the summer to end. Abigail is keeping a secret though. When the secret finally comes out, will it drive away the one person she finally feels at home with?

I REALLY liked this story. It drew me in from the beginning and held me there until the end. I loved all the characters and felt they were very well drawn. Very life-like. I thoroughly enjoyed Abigail and loved her sense-of-humor. I found myself laughing out loud in several places because of the things she said. I also loved her down-to-earth quality. Wade was an awesome hero. His sweet & tender ways could make ya swoon! The interaction between him and Abby was terrific. Maddy will easily win your heart. She won mine! This was just an all-around feel good kind of story but it also addressed the issues of guilt, finding the Lord and forgiveness. Denise Hunter does stories of the heart SO well! I really didn't want the story to end but I LOVE the ending!!!! I highly recommend A Cowboy's Touch. A thank you goes to Booksneeze for providing me with the complimentary copy for my review.

No comments:

Book I've Been Reading...

Sherry's bookshelf: read

Almost Like Being in Love
Wanted: Royal Princess Miracle Bride: Royal Hearts of Mondoverde Series, Vol. 3
Her Rancher Bodyguard
Traces of Guilt
The Stronghold
Close to You
Protecting Her Daughter
The Goodbye Bride
The Rancher's First Love
Reclaiming His Past
Keeper of the Stars
Cold Shot
Mermaid Moon
Thin Ice
Buried Secrets
Murder at Black Lake
Christmas With Miss Austen
Falling Like Snowflakes
Married 'til Monday
Second Chance Hero


Sherry's favorite books »