Wednesday, March 30, 2011

MY FOOLISH HEART by Susan May Warren




No one from town knew Isadora Presley was the host of a radio talk show called My Foolish Heart (except her good friend Lucy). She would give callers advice on love, dating and finding the perfect mate. But she really didn't have any practice with any of those things, until a certain caller catches her attention. Caleb Knight comes to Deep Haven to fulfill his dream of being a coach. Having done a tour of duty in Iraq he now has a disability he wishes to keep hidden. His first meeting with his neighbor, Issy, is not at all a good experience. So he calls in to Miss Foolish Heart's show for advice. There's an attraction through the radio. But Issy and Caleb soon find themselves becoming friendly with one another. Is it like Miss Foolish Heart says..."your perfect love just might be right next door???"

When I started reading My Foolish Heart I was thinking that this is a cute story but as I continued to read I realized there was a whole lot more to it. This story reached so many emotional areas. It covered PTSD, guilt, shame, forgiveness, faith, disabilities and more. It really had 2 story lines going on which I really enjoyed. You have the relationship between Issy and Caleb but you also have something between Lucy and Seb. I thoroughly enjoyed watching these characters grow and change and as they did it encouraged me as well. They had some difficult things to tackle and it made me reflect how I might behave in that situation. Though this story dealt with emotional issues there was splashes of humor right where you needed them. Faith and trust in God was the the underlying theme but it wasn't shown as an instant fix. It was shown in a very real and tangible way. I enjoyed returning to Deep Haven again. See some familiar faces and meeting some new ones. Although it's part of the Deep Haven Series you could easily read it as stand alone. If you enjoy a really good story with a great spiritual message then I recommend My Foolish Heart. A thank you goes to Tyndale for providing this complementary copy for my review.

No comments:

Book I've Been Reading...

Sherry's bookshelf: read

Almost Like Being in Love
Wanted: Royal Princess Miracle Bride: Royal Hearts of Mondoverde Series, Vol. 3
Her Rancher Bodyguard
Traces of Guilt
The Stronghold
Close to You
Protecting Her Daughter
The Goodbye Bride
The Rancher's First Love
Reclaiming His Past
Keeper of the Stars
Cold Shot
Mermaid Moon
Thin Ice
Buried Secrets
Murder at Black Lake
Christmas With Miss Austen
Falling Like Snowflakes
Married 'til Monday
Second Chance Hero


Sherry's favorite books »