Monday, March 7, 2011

NO SAFE HAVEN by Kimberley and Kayla R. Woodhouse




The two words that come to mind when I think of No Safe Haven is "Totally Awesome". This mother/daughter duo has delivered a heart-pounding adventure, loaded with memorable characters, edge of your seat suspense and sweet romance. It's a tale that will stay with you long after your close the book.

Jenna and her daughter Andie are trying to move on with their life. It has been a year since Marc was killed. Andie, who has always suffered from a rare nerve disorder, just got good news from the doctor. While flying back home their pilot sabotages their private plane and they crash into a high part of a remote mountain in Alaska. Cole Maddox was on the plane because of a promise he made to Marc. He needs to keep Jenna and Andie safe but they're having a hard time trusting him. To make matters worse a snow storm is brewing and headed their way.

I've got to say this story kept me flipping pages from beginning to end. I really didn't get anything done because each page held me spellbound. You become totally involved from the very first page. The characters were so well drawn and the dialog was superb. One thing that I really enjoyed was Andie's simple faith and the way that it affected everyone she was around. It was so uplifting and encouraging. I loved the tension between Cole and Jenna. It just felt tangible to me. The description of the mountain and the snow storm was so good that it made me shiver. I also like the way the story was layed out with the date/time and thoughts of each character. Reading about how the rare nerve disorder affects daily living was very thought provoking. I highly recommend No Safe Haven. I look forward to Race Against Time. Great Job Kimberley and Kayla!!! A thank you goes to LibraryThing for providing this complementary copy for my review.

1 comment:

Judy Glidden said...

I see you liked the book too! Pretty good stuff! I too am looking forward to book 2!

Book I've Been Reading...

Sherry's bookshelf: read

Almost Like Being in Love
Wanted: Royal Princess Miracle Bride: Royal Hearts of Mondoverde Series, Vol. 3
Her Rancher Bodyguard
Traces of Guilt
The Stronghold
Close to You
Protecting Her Daughter
The Goodbye Bride
The Rancher's First Love
Reclaiming His Past
Keeper of the Stars
Cold Shot
Mermaid Moon
Thin Ice
Buried Secrets
Murder at Black Lake
Christmas With Miss Austen
Falling Like Snowflakes
Married 'til Monday
Second Chance Hero


Sherry's favorite books »