Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WINDS OF WYOMING by Rebecca Carey Lyles




Kate Neilson's terrible childhood lead her down the road that eventually landed her in the Pennsylvania Penitentiary. While there, she finds the Lord and earns a marketing degree and is offered an internship at a Wyoming Guest Ranch. Desperately wanting a fresh start and to be a truly changed person she heads there with high hopes. But her high hopes are soon crushed when a man from her past finds her and will stop at nothing to get her back. Mike Duncan is trying hard to fill his father's shoes in running the ranch along with his mom. He's not sure about her hiring a new intern but when he meets Kate there is an immediate attraction. But it seems like the trouble their having started when Kate hit town. Will Kate get that fresh new start or will her dark past, she's tried so hard to hide, be brought to light? And will her new found faith be strong enough to carry her through?

What an amazing story of God's redemptive love and the power of His grace! I was totally immersed in the story from beginning to end and loved hanging out at Whispering Pines. Kate Neilson is the total embodiment of God's amazing grace. She was such an encouragement to me. Dymple was one of my favorite characters in the story. Everyone should have a Dymple in their life. She exemplified the love of God in her life. This was a very gritty and realistic story. This author didn't white-wash evil or sin. Yet this story is filled with hope that God can truly change hearts and lives. I love the way the author so naturally blended scripture throughout the story. It really caused me to ponder these truths in my own life. This tale has suspense, humor, romance and something happening on just about every page. It was difficult to put down. One of my favorite parts was toward the end. Although we are treated to a great conclusion, there are a few things left open. Nothing that would drive you crazy, but I am hoping there will be a sequel! This is the first time I've read anything by this author but I will definitely be watching for her next tale to arrive! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you take a trip to Whispering Pines Guest Ranch. I guarantee it's worth the trip. Great job, Rebecca!
Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 609 KB
Publisher: StoneHouse Ink; 1 edition (January 2, 2012)
ASIN: B006SPP7G8

2 comments:

Becky Lyles said...

Thanks for your kind comments, Sherry! I am honored that you chose to feature "Winds of Wyoming" on your blog. Bless you! Becky

Judy Glidden said...

Okay Sherry, This is one I am writing down to "borrow" from you on Kindle whenever I finish the books in the series I am reading, and then the book I have to review. This looks like a good one!

Book I've Been Reading...

Sherry's bookshelf: read

Almost Like Being in Love
Wanted: Royal Princess Miracle Bride: Royal Hearts of Mondoverde Series, Vol. 3
Her Rancher Bodyguard
Traces of Guilt
The Stronghold
Close to You
Protecting Her Daughter
The Goodbye Bride
The Rancher's First Love
Reclaiming His Past
Keeper of the Stars
Cold Shot
Mermaid Moon
Thin Ice
Buried Secrets
Murder at Black Lake
Christmas With Miss Austen
Falling Like Snowflakes
Married 'til Monday
Second Chance Hero


Sherry's favorite books »