Monday, February 6, 2012

TO SEE THE SUN by Peggy Blann Phifer




Erin Macintyre finds her life turned upside the day her husband, Justin, was killed. The baby she carries will be raised without his father. If that's not enough to deal with, now someone is after her, leaving notes and threatening phone calls but she doesn't know why. P.I. Clay Buchanan returns home after he gets an envelope from Justin with a note to call him. Only thing is, the envelope is four months late in arriving. The first place Clay goes when he arrives home is to Justin's gravesite and he runs into Erin. Clay and Justin were best friends and Clay vows to himself he'll do everything to protect Erin. She's not happy to see him but his feelings for her remain unchanged. Now he has to find a way to convince her that her life is in danger and that she needs to trust him. With few options available to her, Erin reluctantly trusts clay with her life but will she trust him with her heart?

Oh what a tangled web we weave! WOW! This is definitely a story that keeps you on your toes the whole time you're reading it. As I was reading I kept thinking this would make a great episode of "Murder She Wrote" or "Columbo". The tale was very tightly woven and keeps you turning pages to find out what's going to happen next. I must admit that I didn't care for Erin very much in the beginning, but slowly I warmed-up to her as I learned her story. I loved Clay and how he handled things. His quiet faith and steadfastness had an impact on Erin. There was a great cast of supporting characters whom I hope to see again. This author really allowed you to become completely entangled in the lives of these characters and I found myself trying to solve the puzzle right along with them. Slowly but surely the intensity builds as you gather each clue with a few red-herring along the way. Although this story has a climactic ending that is totally satisfying, the door stands open and ready for the next book. I'll be watching for that one! This is Peggy Blann Phifer's debut novel but it sure doesn't read that way. To See The Sun is book 1 in the Desert Faith Series and one I definitely recommend!
Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 509 KB
ASIN: B006US56MI
Paperback: 356 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace (January 6, 2012)
ISBN-10: 1468121081
ISBN-13: 978-1468121087

1 comment:

Peggy Blann Phifer said...

Thank you so much, Sherry, for this stunning review! I saw it posted on my book on Amazon and it totally blew me away.

May I please have permission to post it on my website and my own blog? I will, of course, link it back to you inn whatever way you want.

Book I've Been Reading...

Sherry's bookshelf: read

Almost Like Being in Love
Wanted: Royal Princess Miracle Bride: Royal Hearts of Mondoverde Series, Vol. 3
Her Rancher Bodyguard
Traces of Guilt
The Stronghold
Close to You
Protecting Her Daughter
The Goodbye Bride
The Rancher's First Love
Reclaiming His Past
Keeper of the Stars
Cold Shot
Mermaid Moon
Thin Ice
Buried Secrets
Murder at Black Lake
Christmas With Miss Austen
Falling Like Snowflakes
Married 'til Monday
Second Chance Hero


Sherry's favorite books »