Wednesday, February 15, 2012

THE RELUCTANT OUTLAW by Karen Kirst




Juliana O'Malley goes to the mercantile one morning to gather supplies for her mother's birthday. Imagine her surprise when she realizes that it's being robbed and she is taken hostage by one of the gang. That begins an unforgettable journey through the Smoky Mountains where her captor behaves like a gentlemen and even vows to return her home. Evan Harrison is out to find his brother's killer and that meant joining up with the gang he thinks is responsible. He never expected to take a hostage. Especially one as beautiful and spirited as Juliana. Being with her, seeing her strength and her strong faith, makes him long for things he can never have or can he?

A most excellent story! First let me say that this beautiful cover caught my eye! It made me want to read the story. And let me tell you, from the very first page you become completely immersed in the adventure, right up to it's completely satisfying conclusion. I must say, that the ending was well done because I didn't feel like anything was left unfinished. I really appreciated that. Evan was awesome hero. He was strong and commanding but had such a tender heart. He made me wish I was Juliana! She's not your typical heroine but she was such fun because she was so spirited. She was a good match for Evan. I absolutely loved the nickname he gave her and thought that added an extra spark to the story! This tale was loaded with romantic tension, which I love and the interaction between Evan and Juliana played out through the whole story. I also loved the underlying message that God is in control no matter what's going on in your life. He is not surprised by anything that comes up and that we can trust Him to carry us through. This is Karen Kirst's debut novel but it reads liked a seasoned author. This is book one in the Smoky Mountain Matches Series and I am looking forward to the next installment, The Bridal Swap. If you're looking for a good historical, chock-full of romantic tension together with a great message then look no further. I HIGHLY recommend The Reluctant Outlaw! Great job Karen!!!
Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 442 KB
Publisher: Love Inspired Historicals (September 1, 2011)
ASIN: B005DF0D9K
Mass Market Paperback: 288 pages
Publisher: Love Inspired (September 6, 2011)
ISBN-10: 0373828853
ISBN-13: 978-0373828852

No comments:

Book I've Been Reading...

Sherry's bookshelf: read

Almost Like Being in Love
Wanted: Royal Princess Miracle Bride: Royal Hearts of Mondoverde Series, Vol. 3
Her Rancher Bodyguard
Traces of Guilt
The Stronghold
Close to You
Protecting Her Daughter
The Goodbye Bride
The Rancher's First Love
Reclaiming His Past
Keeper of the Stars
Cold Shot
Mermaid Moon
Thin Ice
Buried Secrets
Murder at Black Lake
Christmas With Miss Austen
Falling Like Snowflakes
Married 'til Monday
Second Chance Hero


Sherry's favorite books »