Monday, March 1, 2010

The Clouds Roll Away by Sibella Giorello

Raleigh Harmon is an FBI investigator who has just returned to her home to Richmond Virginia only to find she's investigating a cross burning. It appears to be a hate crime but the accelerants used in the burning are unusual and deadly. As she continues to dig, things become more puzzling and complicated to the point she's wondering who the bad guys and the victims really are. She's having a hard time with her supervisor who is not convinced she learned anything on her previous assignment. Her mother is behaving in an usual manner. DeMott Fielding is trying very hard to win her heart. Will Raleigh be able to handle all the pressures in her life? Will she be able to hang onto her faith?

I enjoyed reading The Clouds Roll Away. I thought the author displayed an honesty in the nature of her characters and their struggles. Both good and bad. I liked her style of writing and the bits of humor splashed throughout the story. Especially when she would make references to Christmas songs. DeMott was a man I wished I had seen more of because I liked what I saw. I wanted more between him and Raleigh. I feel like I might have understood the story better if I had read the previous books in the series. I would recommend this book to those who like a police procedural type story. Thank you Thomas Nelson for providing me with a complimentary review copy.

1 comment:

Judy Glidden said...

Great review Sherry!

Book I've Been Reading...

Sherry's bookshelf: read

Almost Like Being in Love
Wanted: Royal Princess Miracle Bride: Royal Hearts of Mondoverde Series, Vol. 3
Her Rancher Bodyguard
Traces of Guilt
The Stronghold
Close to You
Protecting Her Daughter
The Goodbye Bride
The Rancher's First Love
Reclaiming His Past
Keeper of the Stars
Cold Shot
Mermaid Moon
Thin Ice
Buried Secrets
Murder at Black Lake
Christmas With Miss Austen
Falling Like Snowflakes
Married 'til Monday
Second Chance Hero


Sherry's favorite books »