Friday, September 23, 2011

RENEGADE HEARTS by Anne Patrick




Jenny Holloway is a widow who's running a 1200-acre ranch and raising her son Zach on her own. She likes being busy but she could really use some help. Her foreman, Buddy, suggests she hire his son Gil Montgomery who has recently returned home from his military duty. After meeting Gil, Jenny readily agrees to hire him on. She knows she could never find the kind of love she had with her husband, so why does her stomach do flip-flops whenever he's near. Gil Montgomery has ranching in his blood. Though his outward scars from the war have healed he knows this job is just want he needs for his inward healing. Jenny causes his heart to stir in ways it hasn't before but he knows that since her husbands death she's placed big walls around her heart. The more they work together the more he knows that Jenny and Zach are the future he's looking for but will he ever be able to convince Jenny?

I knew when I saw the totally awesome cover of Renegade Hearts that I absolutely had to find out the tale within. I was immediately drawn in by the gentle prose of this story. It truly matched the cover with an easy ebb and flow that I just loved! Though it was not an edge-of-your-seat type story I found myself glued to the pages because I became so involved with its true-to-life well-drawn characters. You will fall in love with each one them. Gil was an excellent leading man. I just loved the way he was with Jenny and Zach. (Big sigh!) Jenny is someone to admire. She was strong and independent but reasonable and tender. Zach will steal your heart hands down! He is such a great little man! And Buddy, Gil's Dad, was a total gem! Now don't get me wrong, this did have a mystery to it and as typical with Anne Patrick's stories, you don't find out the whole truth until the end. She always keeps you guessing. I just LOVED Renegade Hearts! It's an easy, feel-good, up-lifting tale you won't want to miss. A thank you goes to the author for providing this complimentary copy for my review.
Desert Breeze Publishing, Inc (September 13, 2011)
ISBN: 978-161252-081-0
Category: Inspirational
Rating: Sweet


2 comments:

Nicole said...

I agree: that cover is fantastic. Absolutely beautiful!

Judy Glidden said...

Sounds like a book I am going to have to beg, borrow, or buy!

Book I've Been Reading...

Sherry's bookshelf: read

Almost Like Being in Love
Wanted: Royal Princess Miracle Bride: Royal Hearts of Mondoverde Series, Vol. 3
Her Rancher Bodyguard
Traces of Guilt
The Stronghold
Close to You
Protecting Her Daughter
The Goodbye Bride
The Rancher's First Love
Reclaiming His Past
Keeper of the Stars
Cold Shot
Mermaid Moon
Thin Ice
Buried Secrets
Murder at Black Lake
Christmas With Miss Austen
Falling Like Snowflakes
Married 'til Monday
Second Chance Hero


Sherry's favorite books »