Tuesday, December 2, 2014

CHRISTMAS IN THE RINK by Dora Hiers


Chaney Michum's dream of being an Olympic skater was crush, along with her heart, when Conner Weddington, her partner, just left town. Chaney is now raising her niece and coaching young skaters helping them reach their dreams. Conner was devastated when his mother passed away on Christmas Day but even more so when his father forced him to give up his dream. He's now returned home from the Army and working as an auto mechanic while trying to clean out and sell his father's house. When Conner and Chaney meet again, they find that though a lot has changed, their feelings for each other haven't. Will faith and forgiveness be strong enough to perhaps make this Christmas one that's unforgettable?

Christmas in the Rink is such a great little story. Filled with loveable characters, snappy dialog and a theme that everyone can relate to. It's not easy to come home sometimes, especially if you left in a troubled way, but I really found myself admiring Chaney for how she handled the situation. I'm reminded that we plan our way but the Lord directs our steps. One thing I thoroughly enjoyed was the chemistry between Conner and Chaney. It radiated off the pages. Though this is a novella, it really didn't read like one. I felt completely satisfied as I came to the end. I must say too, the cover just begs you to open the book! And once you do, you won't be disappointed if you spend "Christmas in the Rink".

For more information about this book or other books by Dora Hiers, I recommend you visit her website at http://dorahiers.com/

2 comments:

Dora Hiers said...

Awww, thank you for such a sweet review, Sherry!! So glad you enjoyed hanging out with Chaney and Conner for awhile. :)

Wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas, my friend!

Sherry Kuhn said...

I was so excited when I saw your book. It was a must read and I knew it would be great!

Thanks for coming by, my friend! Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and all God's best for the new year!

Book I've Been Reading...

Sherry's bookshelf: read

Almost Like Being in Love
Wanted: Royal Princess Miracle Bride: Royal Hearts of Mondoverde Series, Vol. 3
Her Rancher Bodyguard
Traces of Guilt
The Stronghold
Close to You
Protecting Her Daughter
The Goodbye Bride
The Rancher's First Love
Reclaiming His Past
Keeper of the Stars
Cold Shot
Mermaid Moon
Thin Ice
Buried Secrets
Murder at Black Lake
Christmas With Miss Austen
Falling Like Snowflakes
Married 'til Monday
Second Chance Hero


Sherry's favorite books »