Sunday, April 8, 2012

WHEN LOVE COMES MY WAY by Lori Copeland




Tess Wakefield has inherited a lumber business from her grandfather but knows nothing about it. Besides she's interested in fancy hats not logging. Her fiance encourages her to sell the lumber business and reinvest the money in her hat boutiques. With that decision made she travels to the logger camp to sign all the necessary papers but before she arrives, she's in a terrible wagon accident. She wakes to find she has no memories of who she is. But she does know that Jake Lannigan stirs her heart like no one else has. Jake has an idea that she's Tess Wakefield and uses her loss of memory as an opportunity to show her about the responsibility of replanting the trees. What he doesn't count on is falling in love with the pretty little fire ball. Jake knows he should be honest with Tess about who she is but before he can do that, she regains her memory. When the truth is made known, can Jake and Tess overcome their emotions to see that the Lord just might have worked out everything for good?

This was a wonderful story and I thoroughly enjoyed my journey to the Wakefield logging camp in upper Michigan. What a rugged life those men (and some of their wives) lead. All the dangers they faced daily in their work is something you don't really think about. I enjoyed getting to know the characters who were all larger than life and fully fleshed out. While I was reading, I truly felt as if I was there at the camp. I could feel the cold frigid air touching my face, smell the food cooking in the bunkhouse and hear the saws of the men working to cut the trees. Along with the heart-felt emotion in this story, there was also plenty of humor. Even when I finished the book, I found myself recalling some of those memorable moments. One verse that kept running through my mind as I was reading was 'man plans his course but the Lord determines his steps'. Sometimes what we have planned is not what the Lord has planned and we need to be open to His leading and trust Him. When Love Comes My Way is a fun and uplifting story that I would definitely recommend.
Paperback: 304 pages
Publisher: Harvest House Publishers; Expanded edition (June 1, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0736930213
ISBN-13: 978-0736930215
*A thank you goes to Harvest House Publishers for providing this complimentary ARC through Netgalley for my review*

2 comments:

sell my house said...

I like the way of your presentation.You have wrote a great feature.Thanks a lot.sell my house

Sherry Kuhn said...

Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words! I appreciate you taking the time! :)

Book I've Been Reading...

Sherry's bookshelf: read

Almost Like Being in Love
Wanted: Royal Princess Miracle Bride: Royal Hearts of Mondoverde Series, Vol. 3
Her Rancher Bodyguard
Traces of Guilt
The Stronghold
Close to You
Protecting Her Daughter
The Goodbye Bride
The Rancher's First Love
Reclaiming His Past
Keeper of the Stars
Cold Shot
Mermaid Moon
Thin Ice
Buried Secrets
Murder at Black Lake
Christmas With Miss Austen
Falling Like Snowflakes
Married 'til Monday
Second Chance Hero


Sherry's favorite books »