Wednesday, April 18, 2012

GIFTS OF LIFE by Heather Hunt




Natalie Mercer just found out she's pregnant. Before she can share the news with her husband, Donovan, he delivers some devastating news. In the next instant Donovan is gunned down by a drive-by shooter. Hoping to start a new life after all that had happened she accepts a new position as a flight nurse for a rescue service in the Georgia Mountains. That's where she meets up with Jake Adams. A handsome ex-baseball player, now rescue helicopter pilot, who has issues of his own he's dealing with. Although their first meeting was a disaster, the more they work together the more they realize the strong feelings that are developing between them. Will they be able to let go of the past in order to forge a future together?

Gifts of Life was a story I could not put down! From the very beginning this author grabs you and doesn't let you go until the last page. I loved all the delightful, real-life characters and enjoyed all their interaction. You feel like you're a part of the life-flight rescue team and get some great insight into what their jobs really involve. I totally enjoyed the relationship between Jake and Natalie. They played off of each other very well and I found their situations and how they dealt with things to be very realistic. I have to say, Jake is a swoon-worthy hero! I liked that he was protective of his own! Natalie had such an inner strength for all that she had been through. There is a subtle message of faith running through the story which I always appreciate. Though there is a lot of emotion tied to this story, there is also lots of humorous banter between the members of the rescue team. To me that really added an extra spark! Heather Hunt is a new author to me but I really enjoyed her writing style. If you like a relationship driven story that keeps you turning pages, then try Gifts of Life. It's one I would read again. I am now looking forward to reading Gifts of Hope.
File Size: 471 KB
Print Length: 217 pages
ASIN: B007HHNYK2

No comments:

Book I've Been Reading...

Sherry's bookshelf: read

Almost Like Being in Love
Wanted: Royal Princess Miracle Bride: Royal Hearts of Mondoverde Series, Vol. 3
Her Rancher Bodyguard
Traces of Guilt
The Stronghold
Close to You
Protecting Her Daughter
The Goodbye Bride
The Rancher's First Love
Reclaiming His Past
Keeper of the Stars
Cold Shot
Mermaid Moon
Thin Ice
Buried Secrets
Murder at Black Lake
Christmas With Miss Austen
Falling Like Snowflakes
Married 'til Monday
Second Chance Hero


Sherry's favorite books »