Thursday, December 15, 2011

THE LAST CHRISTMAS CARD by Laura Briggs




Samantha Sowerman is a missionary who's returned home until she gets her paperwork ready to go to Brazil. One day in the mail she receives a letter addressed to someone who used to live there but the postmark is over 60 years old. She feels compelled to find it's rightful owner. She steams open the inside to see if there is any helpful information. She finds a tender and heartfelt message from a soldier to his sweetheart. She decides the best place to start would be the military base. Sergeant Ty Lars is a soldier sent home from the war because of an injury that caused him to now work behind a desk. He is lonely and bitter, not really having a purpose in life anymore. When Samantha enlists Ty's help in the finding the owner of the card they know they will need a Christmas miracle to do that. Could it be that they just might find their own Christmas miracle along the way?

What an enjoyable story! I've not read anything by this author before but the storyline sounded very intriguing. Boy I'm sure glad I gave it try. It's a story that's very easy to read and keeps you turning pages to find out how it all turns out. It reads very much like a Christmas movie you might find on Hallmark this time of year. Though it was a short story (about 77 pages) it felt liked a full-length one to me. It didn't seem hurried at all. I really liked the lead couple. Samantha was an upbeat gal whose faith made a difference in the life of a brooding soldier named Ty. It just made me reflect that we have an impact on people and we need to always be conscience of that in light of how we behave. Some of the parts in this story were so touching to me I found myself getting the Kleenex. If you're looking for a good holiday read, I would recommend you pick up The Last Christmas Card. I'm sure glad I did!
Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 428 KB
Print Length: 77 pages
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
Language: English
ASIN: B005JKR7H0

No comments:

Book I've Been Reading...

Sherry's bookshelf: read

Almost Like Being in Love
Wanted: Royal Princess Miracle Bride: Royal Hearts of Mondoverde Series, Vol. 3
Her Rancher Bodyguard
Traces of Guilt
The Stronghold
Close to You
Protecting Her Daughter
The Goodbye Bride
The Rancher's First Love
Reclaiming His Past
Keeper of the Stars
Cold Shot
Mermaid Moon
Thin Ice
Buried Secrets
Murder at Black Lake
Christmas With Miss Austen
Falling Like Snowflakes
Married 'til Monday
Second Chance Hero


Sherry's favorite books »