Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A PLAIN & SIMPLE CHRISTMAS by Amy Clipston




Anna Mae Beiler was shunned from her family when she married 'Englisher' Kellen McDonough three years ago. Although not Amish he is a good Christian man and they have made a good life for themselves. Anna finds herself wanting to reconcile with her family and thinks Christmas is a good time to do just that! Kellen agrees to take her home. But, when the visit doesn't go as planned she wonders if she will ever have a place in her family again.

Let me start by saying that Amish fiction isn't what I usually read but wanted to give this little story a try. Boy am I glad I did!! I really liked it! Novellas can sometimes feel too short but not so with this story. It didn't feel hurried at all. It was a very satisfying. The characters were so full of life. I enjoyed watching them work through some tough family issues in a practical way. I loved the interaction between Kellen and Anna Mae. Many times I found myself thinking that Anna Mae was certainly a lucky woman. The message of listening to the Lord and forgiving others was very clear. If you are looking for a wonderful and inspiring Christmas story I would highly recommend you pick up A Plain & Simple Christmas. It's a keeper for me. A thank you goes to LibraryThing Early Reviewers for this complimentary copy for review. For more information about this novella see http://zndr.va/aZaVXl.

No comments:

Book I've Been Reading...

Sherry's bookshelf: read

Almost Like Being in Love
Wanted: Royal Princess Miracle Bride: Royal Hearts of Mondoverde Series, Vol. 3
Her Rancher Bodyguard
Traces of Guilt
The Stronghold
Close to You
Protecting Her Daughter
The Goodbye Bride
The Rancher's First Love
Reclaiming His Past
Keeper of the Stars
Cold Shot
Mermaid Moon
Thin Ice
Buried Secrets
Murder at Black Lake
Christmas With Miss Austen
Falling Like Snowflakes
Married 'til Monday
Second Chance Hero


Sherry's favorite books »