Friday, September 10, 2010

A POCKETFUL OF HOPE by Anna Dynowski




Kerry Heaton is done being a nun. She's not sure what to do but decides to return to her family. On her way, she gets a flat tire near the town of Harmony Village. Janek Koznaski owns a towing business in Harmony. He sees Kerry and offers to tow her car and order a replacement tire. They're is an immediate attraction. But Kerry doesn't really understand the feelings she having toward him. Janek knows because of his past, he can never have a normal relationship with a women. But...when God and Cupid Cat go to work, you never know what might happen.

This was an excellent story! I truly could not put down the book and was totally living in Harmony Village the whole time I was reading. This author tackled some very difficult subjects such as child molestation, anger, revenge, disillusionment and forgiveness. She also brought out the need for total reliance on God. Those subjects were all wrapped up in a story that was fun, romantic and truly inspiring. I especially loved "Cupid Cat". What a fun element in the story. Janek was a wonderfully flawed hero. I truly felt his pain and struggles. Kerry was a fun heroine. I loved her sense of humor and how she was such a free spirited girl. I enjoyed meeting the folks in Harmony and though this was Book 3 in the series I didn't feel lost at all. It did however, make me want to go back and read the first two books (and everything else by this author)! A Pocketful of Hope comes highly recommended by this reader! By the sounds of it I think we'll be seeing a Book 4 in the future. (I hope so)!!! A thank you goes to the author for sending me this complimentary copy for my review.

No comments:

Book I've Been Reading...

Sherry's bookshelf: read

Almost Like Being in Love
Wanted: Royal Princess Miracle Bride: Royal Hearts of Mondoverde Series, Vol. 3
Her Rancher Bodyguard
Traces of Guilt
The Stronghold
Close to You
Protecting Her Daughter
The Goodbye Bride
The Rancher's First Love
Reclaiming His Past
Keeper of the Stars
Cold Shot
Mermaid Moon
Thin Ice
Buried Secrets
Murder at Black Lake
Christmas With Miss Austen
Falling Like Snowflakes
Married 'til Monday
Second Chance Hero


Sherry's favorite books »