Thursday, December 20, 2012

CHERISHED STRANGER by Regina Tittel

Lucy Durham Watson knows what hurt and pain are all about thanks to her late husband, Eddy.  With that behind her, she sponsers a Romanian girl (Anika) and her father (Dorin) to come live in American on her farm.  Dorin knows what hardship really means.  Though his pride wanted to turn Lucy down, he knows what it will mean for his daughter's future.  They get off to a bad start when Lucy's late to pick them up at the airport and then gets them lost through a bad part of town.  Dorin makes known the fact that Lucy is young and has careless behavior, yet something draws him to her.  Lucy knows Dorin doesn't approve of her but she can't seem to stop the way he tugs on her heart.  The two of them try to deny the chemistry between them but everything changes when Lucy life is endangered.

Suspense runs high in this installment of the Ozark Durham Series.  Once I started reading Cherished Strangers I could not put it down! I almost read it in one sitting!  I loved Lucy, Dorin and Anika!  It's also fun to see Keaton and Lindsey, Ann and Jacob again too! The romantic tension between Lucy and Dorin was electrifying!  I truly fell in love with Dorin and the way he was with Lucy.  Lucy was so endearing to me.  She reminded me that we've all made foolish choices.  Some are just harder to recover from than others.  But Dorin reminds Lucy that God often takes us through journeys made of small steps; each one with the purpose of bringing us closer to Him.  I also appreciate the way the author addresses the issue of the 'feel good' church mentality.  When troubled times hit, your relationship with Christ is what will see you through.  We also see how important a good church home/family is and the impact they can have in our lives.  How our giving makes a difference in other peoples lives.  A difference we may not even realize.  If you enjoy a good romantic suspense with a great message then I HIGHLY recommend Cherished Strangers!  Regina Tittel has become a favorite author of mine and I would not hesitate at all to recommend any of her books.  Now, I'm looking forward to Devoted Mission.

Paperback: 236 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (December 7, 2012)
ISBN-10: 1480263613
ISBN-13: 978-1480263611
File Size: 410 KB
Publisher: Hawse Pipe Ministries; 1 edition (December 14, 2012)
ASIN: B00AOEVHQI

For more information about Cherished Strangers or Regina Tittel's other books, I encourage you to visit her website:  http://www.reginatittel.com/


2 comments:

Regina Tittel said...

Thank you, Sherry, for the awesome compliments! I read this and it gave me goosebumps. One reason is because I always doubt if I got my message across in a clear enough way. Your review assured me I had. Thanks again and have a very merry Christmas!

Sherry Kuhn said...

You are welcome Regina! Thank you for stopping by! Keep those great stories coming. Wishing you and yours and Very Merry Christmas and God's best for the 2013!

Book I've Been Reading...

Sherry's bookshelf: read

Almost Like Being in Love
Wanted: Royal Princess Miracle Bride: Royal Hearts of Mondoverde Series, Vol. 3
Her Rancher Bodyguard
Traces of Guilt
The Stronghold
Close to You
Protecting Her Daughter
The Goodbye Bride
The Rancher's First Love
Reclaiming His Past
Keeper of the Stars
Cold Shot
Mermaid Moon
Thin Ice
Buried Secrets
Murder at Black Lake
Christmas With Miss Austen
Falling Like Snowflakes
Married 'til Monday
Second Chance Hero


Sherry's favorite books »