Monday, January 4, 2010

Will the Raven Saint be sold?

Grace Wescott has always been interested in serving the Lord and doing what she could for the less fortunate. It's while she is helping someone else that she finds herself taken captive by Captain Rafe Dubois where she is to be sold to the Spanish Don. Although at times she feels God has abandoned her, she stays strong in her faith. Her behavior captivates the attention of those on the ship...especially that of Captain Dubois. But will it be enough to change his mind about selling her? And though she thinks him a rake, he also stirs tender emotions inside her heart. When the first mate helps her escape from the ship dressed in boys clothes, it sets off a chain of events that doesn't let up until the close of the book. Can God change the hearts of people?

This is the third and final installment in the Charles Towne Belles Series and I loved this story. I like all the stories but I have to say that this was my favorite. I was drawn into the story from the very first page and found it hard to put down. I read the majority of it in one day! I thoroughly enjoyed the characters of Rafe and Grace. You could truly feel the pull between the two. I also enjoyed the secondary characters and most especially Rafe's cat, Spyglass! You could read the Raven Saint as a stand alone but you get a much better story if you read the The Red Siren and The Blue Enchantress first. MaryLu does a fantastic job wrapping up all the little details in the series. Highly recommended. MaryLu never disappoints.

1 comment:

Judy Glidden said...

I see you finished this story about 48 hours before me! A great series!

Book I've Been Reading...

Sherry's bookshelf: read

Almost Like Being in Love
Wanted: Royal Princess Miracle Bride: Royal Hearts of Mondoverde Series, Vol. 3
Her Rancher Bodyguard
Traces of Guilt
The Stronghold
Close to You
Protecting Her Daughter
The Goodbye Bride
The Rancher's First Love
Reclaiming His Past
Keeper of the Stars
Cold Shot
Mermaid Moon
Thin Ice
Buried Secrets
Murder at Black Lake
Christmas With Miss Austen
Falling Like Snowflakes
Married 'til Monday
Second Chance Hero


Sherry's favorite books »