Monday, September 5, 2011

GIVE THE LADY A RIDE by Linda Yezak




Patricia Talbert is a wealthy New York City girl. When her uncle wills her his ranch in Texas she makes a trip down there with the idea of selling it quickly and getting back to New York. That's when she comes face to face with Talon Carlson, foreman of the Circle Bar Ranch. He's a no-nonsense bull rider whose experienced a lot of loss in his life but still retains a deep abiding faith in the Lord. Patricia is drawn to Talon but is not falling for a good-looking, sweet-talking man ever again. Talon is attracted to Patricia but is frustrated by the fact that she wants to sell what has always been his home. Then Patricia finds a box of letters from her uncle that cause her to ponder her decision. She also has a chance to see Talon's deep faith in action. Wanting a little more time to decide what she really wants to do, she asks Talon to teach her to ride bulls. They both learn a lot more than they bargained for.

This was a great story. One I thoroughly enjoyed from start to finish. This author was new to me so I wasn't sure what to expect but I knew by the cover I wanted to find out what was tucked inside. The author has an easy writing style that makes reading a pleasure. Her characters were larger than life and I enjoyed getting to know them all. There was a secondary story going on with Talon's 'brother' Chance and Patricia's best friend Marie which was extremely enjoyable. Both Talon and Chance were wonderful heroes and very romantic. I loved all the interaction between all the characters. The description of the bull riding scenes were so good I felt like I was watching a movie. This story contained some great little spiritual nuggets you gather along the way which I really liked. I would love to see another installment. If you enjoy an easy-to-read contemporary western with lots of great characters then I suggest you try Give the Lady A Ride. I will be looking forward to other offerings by Linda Yezak.

No comments:

Book I've Been Reading...

Sherry's bookshelf: read

Almost Like Being in Love
Wanted: Royal Princess Miracle Bride: Royal Hearts of Mondoverde Series, Vol. 3
Her Rancher Bodyguard
Traces of Guilt
The Stronghold
Close to You
Protecting Her Daughter
The Goodbye Bride
The Rancher's First Love
Reclaiming His Past
Keeper of the Stars
Cold Shot
Mermaid Moon
Thin Ice
Buried Secrets
Murder at Black Lake
Christmas With Miss Austen
Falling Like Snowflakes
Married 'til Monday
Second Chance Hero


Sherry's favorite books »